Thursday, 9 October 2014

D.I.Y : Gate of Inspiration (Tumblr and Fall Inspired)




It's OCTOBER ! 



I LOVE OCTOBER, it's my favorite month of the year and I LOVE FALL.

So I'll be starting a new serie "DormDeco" where I will do some decoration.I spend the majority of time in my dorm room ,so I thought It would be amazing to personalize it the way I AM.


The first D.I.Y of the serie is the "Gate of Inspiration"



Let's get started


YOU WILL NEED : 

A computer
A printer
Scissors
Papers
An adhesive 
A glowing stars 
Patafix ( It comes with the stars )

In case you didn't understand what I meant this is the PATAFIX

And this are the glowing stars 






THE PROCESS

1. Choose pictures from Tumblr, Pintrest ... Try to select them based on a theme.
For me I choosed : Freedom, dance, Fall AKA nature, Inspirational quotes.
I choosed a monochrome version and a colored version


2. Using a text or image software, try to organize them ,and determine the shape of the image. 


3. Print it ! 


4. CUT,CUT,CUT




5.Use the adhesive to stick the image on the wall, based on a defined ordre. 
Excusez le vernis catastrophique


I choosed that the image will be sticked vertically with a alternance betwen the monochrome and colored. 

6. Sticked the glowing stars using the patafix like so : 





Because the stars were on a differents shapes, I decided to order them as : Small, Big, Small, Big .... 
On the top I stiched the HUGE ones. 



THE FINAL RESULT 


In the light


In the dark








I love this gate of inspiration ! It is truly amazing and add a lot to my room. Especially in the night !!

Don't hesitate to do this Easy D.I.Y and send me the picture using the hashtag #FallDecoWithOuej via twitter. 


With love
Ouej


P.S : DO NOT USE THOSE PICTURE WITHOUT PERMISSION








2 comments:

  1. jolie DIY, si simple et beau à la fois
    claude_désirée de http://queenamlan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci, J'aime moi aussi ce genre de D.I.Y ou on se casse pas trop la tête.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing ! Stay awesome !

Pages