Tuesday, 13 October 2015

My Top 10 Indie/Folk Fall Playlist

Welcome back,

You know how much I love Fall / Autumn ( and I love how I get inspired to write a post when I should study for my midterms )



I mean what's better than drinking your coffee in your comfy onesie while the rain is pouring out.



 AND What's better to set the fall atmosphere than a good playlist. I'm really into indie/folk pop or rock music lately
Here is : My Top 10 Indie/ Folk Fall Playlist 



1.  Pink Wine

 Artist : St Paul De Vence


I'm playing this song non-stop.  Don't get confused by the beautiful melody of this song, its message is clear : Music can be used as a way to fight the occupation ! I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS BAND IS NOT FAMOUS  

+ Fav line :" Vous n’aurez jamais ma chanson 
Vous marcherez un long chemin de silence 
Mon pays ma donne cette chanson 
Toujours je chanterai, vous salauds! "


2. Lost Watch 

Artist : Seabear




This song is calm and peaceful. I'd wake up to this in a lazy saturday. 

+ Fav Line

"I love the way
You say my name
It sounds different every day"



3. High Hopes

Artist : Kodaline


As I'm crushing right now on someone I have no chance with. This song has a lot of meaning to me and it's on repeat, because I got high hopes, but I should let it go

+ Fav Line : 
"But I've only got myself to blame for it, and I accept it now
It's time to let it go, go out and start again
But it's not that easy"




4. Shiver 

Artist : Lucy Rose


This reflection about a broken relationship with a sprinkle of nostalgia to it is something I want to hear when I'm feeling the blues. 

+ Fav Line : 

"And if we turn back time
Could we learn to live right"


5. Stubborn Love

Artist : The Lumineers

Let's not talk about how PERFECT is the music video. I really don't agree with this song lyrics because I feel like it's praising being trapped in a toxic relationship, but at the same there is another theory that it's about loving someone in spite of their flaws.

+ Fav Line:
"It's better to feel pain
Than nothing at all
The opposite of love's
indifference "

6. Run 

Artist : Daughter


With the once of anxiety coming from this song balanced by the angelic voice of the singer, this song made it to be on repeat on the foggy days. 
This song portays a relationships between a depressive partner and the singer. Her partner sinks,his pain from his tragedic past in drug abuse and she begs him to stay alive. 

+Fav line :
"
Will you stay with me, my love
For another day?
'Cause I don't want to be alone
When I'm in this state
Will you stay with me, my love
'Till we're old and grey?"

7. Things that Stop You Dreaming 

Artist  : Passengers


From the very first violon's note of this song, I was in love!
I'm not sure if this is what the artist intended by writting this song : for me it's a hymn of accepting what you are and being gratful for what you have because it could be worst .... However, this midset kills your ambition. 

+ Fav line :

"But I’ve air in my lungs
Eyes in my sockets
And a heart that beats
Like a tap that leaks"


8. 1, 2, 3, 4 

Artist : Plain's White T's


This lovely song is a display of love in melody.

+ Fav Line :

"Tell me I'm special even when I know I'm not
Make it feel good when it hurts so bad
Barely get mad
I'm so glad I found you
I love being around you"



9. Deeper Conversation

Artist : Yuna 

 It's is for all of us introvert who crave those deep conversation more than a simple small talk. 

+ Fav Line : "Can you tell me
All your hopes and fears
And Everything that you believe in
Would you make a difference in the world
I'd love for you to take me to a deeper conversation"


10. Banana Pancackes 


Arstist : Jack Johnson 


This song is perfect for lazy cold rainy day. 

+Fav Line : 

"And we could pretend it all the time
Can't you see that it's just raining?
There ain't no need to go outside"

BONUS 

 OLD AND GOLD   : Diamonds and Rust 



Artist : Joan Baez


This is my godie oldie from my woman-crush about her ex partner the very famous Bob Dylan. It's is again about the nostagia and memories that plays on our head after a serious relationship ends. 

+Fav Line : 

"Now you're telling me
You're not nostalgic
Then give me another word for it
You, who are so good with words
And at keeping things vague"




What are YOUR songs for Fall ? 

With love

Ouej

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing ! Stay awesome !

Pages